March 20, 2020
To All of Our Friends and Family Members,
As the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic continues to escalate we wanted to take a moment to discuss our continued operation and emergency response plan. First and foremost, the health and safety of our team, guests, and the communities we serve is–and always will be–paramount. Rest assured that this, along with the 28 Fundamentals that comprise The Don Johnson Way, is at the center of every single decision we make.
Yesterday, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security issued guidance that identified automobile maintenance and repair facilities as essential and critical infrastructure for our nation. The memorandum went on to state that as a dealership it is “our social responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule… to ensure continuity of functions critical to public health and safety, as well as economic and national security.” Consequently, we are working nonstop to develop safe and creative solutions that allow our continued operations and ability to serve those who need us most.
At Don Johnson Motors we’ve always taken great pride in maintaining “race-shop clean” facilities. Today that’s more important than ever and we’re taking additional measures to implement enhanced infection control. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Increasing the intensity of our nightly deep-cleaning as well as the frequency with which we’re disinfecting high-traffic areas and touchpoints throughout the day
- Developing a fully operational vehicle concierge service for both our sales and service guests to minimize in-person interactions
- Following the Center for Disease Control’s guidance on social distancing and other recommended practices
- Thoroughly disinfecting all automobiles and related components with which we come into contact
- As a fifth-generation family business, we truly care about you, your well-being, and your vehicle. With that, it’s our mission to make your vehicle buying, service, or collision repair as simple, seamless, and safe as possible.
While what we’re experiencing today is certainly unprecedented, it is by no means our first encounter with adversity. One hundred plus years of operational experience provides us with a unique perspective when it comes to handling situations like this. As an organization, we’ve survived world wars. We’ve persevered through the Great Depression and economic recessions. We stood side-by-side on 9/11 and together we’ll make it through this as well.
If there is anything additional that we can do to accommodate your specific needs, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. It’s our honor to help keep this country and our communities rolling.